– In 2015, 737 volunteers dedicated 39,000 hours at SLCH as a piece of the superior patient experience puzzle.
– Forty-two Family Ambassador volunteers connected families to hospital resources and guest services information.
– Personal Pal volunteers provided a 1 on 1 “pal” time with 50 long-term patients through a partnership with SLCH Child Life Services.
– The volunteer PetSmart paws for Hope pet therapy program had a record 25 dogs bringing comfort to our patients and families a total of 15,00 times!’
– Nineteen volunteers contributed 975 hours at new Children’s Specialty Care Center as a part of the Guest Services team.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital volunteers create a difference in the lives of our patients, families, visitors and staff everyday. Volunteers can be found throughout the hospital, delivering packages and mail to our patients, greeting visitors at the Information Desks, bringing comfort and distraction to patients and their siblings through play and improving the overall hospital experience for all of our guests.
To learn more about volunteering at St. Louis Children’s Hospital go to http://www.stlouischildrens.org/ways-give/volunteering/learn-more
Learn more about St. Louis Children’s Hospital –
Find a Physician, Get Directions, Request an Appointment, See current ER Wait Times
Want to hear more from St. Louis Children’s Hospital?
Subscribe to the St Louis Children’s Hospital YouTube Channel:
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stlchildrens
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/STLChildrens
Visit Children’s MomDocs (a blog by mom physicians at St Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine): http://childrensmd.org
Learn More About Donating on YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/?p…